[BLDG-SIM] energy simulation of strawbale houses

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 28 13:03:46 PST 2003

Priya,
You need to determine what you hope to learn from the simulations?  DOE will have limitations over other packages as it is energy focussed and solves the loads portion of the simulation with a steady state internal temperature.  In your case temperatures will likely be floating significantly within the house.  Also if you are at all looking at comfort temperatures as opposed to air temperatures then again you will want to look beyond the various versions of DOE.  TAS, Apache, EnergyPlus, and TRNSYS will all provide a better simulation of floating space temperatures and comfort as well as providing you loads / energy.