[BLDG-SIM] earth-air exchanger (earth channels)

Richard Heimrath heimrath at iwt.tu-graz.ac.at
Mon Nov 24 01:40:12 PST 2003

Dear Hugues,

there are two different kinds of simulation tools for earth-to-air
exchanger available:

stand alone simulation software (without the possibility to calculate more
then the earth-to-air exchanger ):

WKM from Huber (http://www.igjzh.com/huber/)
GAEA from the Uni Siegen
(http://nesa1.uni-siegen.de/index.htm?/softlab/gaea.htm)
some self made capacitance models from our department (in matlab and fortran)..

some modules or types from simulation tools (with the possibility to
calculate the hole air system including the building)

Trnsys 15:      Type 160 (S. Holst)
                 Type  260  air-to-soil heat exchangers ("earth channels")
(P. Hollmuller)
                 Type 556  (from TESS)  Buried Horizontal Pipe
                 http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/

Smile:          different components (Grund, Pipes,..) for simulating
air-to-soil heat exchangers
                 http://anne.first.gmd.de:8080/smile/index_html

ColSim: Type 32 (air-to-soil heat exchangers ) K. Rittenhofer

                 http://www.colsim.de/
                 General (Phd abot Colsim):
                 http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/cgi-bin/psview?document=/1999/architektur/1

with sunny regards,

Richard Heimrath

At 19:11 21.11.2003, you wrote:
>Does anyone knows a simulation tool to evaluate energy savings by
>earth-to-air exchanger (earth channels) ?
>
>Thank you.
>

>Hugues Boivin
>Mechanical Engineer
>Laval University
>GRAP (Groupe de recherche en ambiance physique)
>

>You received this e-mail because you are subscribed
>to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list.  To unsubscribe
>from this mailing list send a blank message to
>BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE at GARD.COM

DI. Richard Heimrath
Institut fuer Waermetechnik / Institute of Thermal Engineering
Div. Solar Energy and Thermal Building Simulation
TU Graz / Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 25 B, A-8010 Graz
Tel.: +43-316-873-7314
Fax: +43-316-873-7305