[BLDG-SIM] Major disagreement on Chiller Performance Curves in DOE-2.1E and DOE-2.2

Mike Roberts mroberts20 at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 12:38:43 PDT 2003

Major disagreement on Chiller Performance Curves in DOE-2.1E and DOE-2.2The
easy way to settle that is to create a spreadsheet that uses the
coefficients.  You can get them from the .bdl file if you enter DIAGNOSTIC
COMMENTS .. right before your chiller instructions.  Interestingly enough,
that's what I was doing this morning.  I have attached my spreadsheet.
Please excuse that it is not ready for distribution.  Just something I was
playing with.

The coefficients are for DOE-2.2 and do include upgrades since the mid '70s
that DOE-2.1E uses.  The VFD coefficients are new.

As you can see, kW/ton does change with temperatures.

If you want FIXED condenser water temperature and chilled water temperature
(the default), do not turn on the resets.  Condenser water (and maybe
chilled water) will still drift with what the equipment can do.

Mike