[BLDG-SIM] format of the list

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Mon Apr 12 08:50:55 PDT 2004

Hello,

(a question for Jason Glazer, perhaps)

Is it possible, feasible, or worthwhile to change the format of the bldg-sim list to a web-based forum?
There are several forums that I participate in from time to time that are web based.
Advantages are many:  Threads are categorized by topic, and old threads readily archived.  Sample topics could include things like DOE2 simulation questions, weather questions, Energy Plus questions, job postings, conferences, calls for papers, etc.  You can also decide what you you are interested in and what you want to read about, rather than having to sort out an inbox-full of posts about something that doesn't tickle your fancy.

Not sure what the budget is for maintaining the bldg-sim list, but I think the usefulness quotient would go up a notch if it were a web forum.

Example web forums:
http://www.taunton.com/pages/forums.asp

What is the general sentiment out there?
(if this were a web-based forum, we could initiate a user poll to find out the answer!)

p.s.: I am not trying to start a ruckus here, I definitely enjoy the list and have found it very useful over the years.

Cheers,

Alec Stevens, PE