[bldg-sim] Daily Digest option?

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Mon Dec 27 12:47:27 PST 2004

Paul,

Yes, the BLDG-SIM mailing does support digests but the
feature is not used much.  Send a message to

  mdaemon at gard.com

That contains the line:

  DIGEST BLDG-SIM

To turn off digests and get messages one at a time send to
the same email address:

  NORMAL BLDG-SIM

The digests are processed at 3 am.  The address you send
the email from must be the same as what is used by the mail
server to send email to you.  If this doesn't work, let me
know and I can do it manually.

Also, if you do use DIGEST and want to reply to a message
that was in a digest back to BLDG-SIM please made change
the subject line to reflect the specific message subject.

Thanks,

Jason

On 27 Dec 2004 at 15:29, Paul Lyons wrote:

> Jason Glazer
> GARD Analytics
>
> Dear Jason -
>
> I enjoy reading the questions and answers on the BLDG-SIM
> list, but they arrive quite frequently and I am finding them
> rather distracting.
>
> Does the option exist to subscribe to a daily digest?  If
> yes, how do I select that option?  If no, what would it take
> to set it up?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Paul Lyons

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users