[bldg-sim] eQUEST(ion)

Scott Criswell Scott.Criswell at doe2.com
Mon Dec 27 12:06:40 PST 2004

(1)  There is an undocumented feature of the wizard footprint screens
that enable the user to flag perimeter walls as partially or entirely
adiabatic.  Simply click (with the RIGHT mouse button) on the perimeter
wall you wish to transform and a menu will be presented enabling you to
choose either Entirely or Partially Adiabatic Wall (see graphic below).

Also FYI - if you use the Design Development Wizard to create a
building/site description w/ multiple shells that are side-by-side, the
surfaces of each shell that abutt each other are automatically created
as adiabatic walls.
There is no way to convert an exterior wall to an interior, adiabatic
wall within the detailed interface.  For those familiar with BDL input
files, you can edit the "<project file>.INP" file to accomplish this
switch, otherwise, you must delete the exterior wall and create an
interior wall in its place (perhaps create the interior wall first to
maintain access to certain keyword values that you might want to copy
from the exterior to the interior walls).

Hope this helps.

- Scott Criswell