[bldg-sim] eQUEST in SI and CALENER

Scott Criswell Scott.Criswell at doe2.com
Tue Dec 21 10:16:57 PST 2004

CALENER is in fact a Spanish & SI derivative of eQUEST.  Some of this
work was done by the DOE-2.2/eQUEST development team, but most was done
by a team of people at the University of Seville (Universidad de Sevilla).

In terms of the SI units, John is correct - the version of DOE-2.2
bundled within eQUEST (& CALENER) can in fact handle SI units, but there
are several SI-related issues related to eQUEST that have not yet been
dealt with, which is why there is not yet an SI version of eQUEST available.

CALENER is designed to accept only SI inputs, contains no building
creation wizards and utilizes a results review module developed in Spain
(replacing the one in eQUEST).  I believe that a custom library of
building components was developed for use with CALENER and is not simply
a translation of the libraries that come with eQUEST.  The CALENER
tabbed dialog interface (providing access to the DOE-2.2 BDL commands &
keywords) have been both translated into Spanish and modified to hide
many simulation keywords and collect certain new, non-simulation
keywords that, through BDL expressions and/or their compliance ruleset,
are referenced to populate the keywords used by the simulation engine.

- Scott Criswell