[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST/free-cooling

Stirling Walkes Swalkes at smseng.com
Tue Feb 10 07:04:52 PST 2004

David,

In eQuest, assign a schedule for the chilled water loop operation such that it is not available during the winter.  That may clear up the problem.  The chilled water loop may be providing a fixed quantity of chilled water demand just because it is on.

Regards,

V. Stirling Walkes, P.Eng., LEED AP
SMS Engineering Ltd.
770 Bradford Street
Winnipeg MB R3H 0N3 Canada
phone: 204.775.0291
fax: 204.772.2153
Swalkes at smseng.com

>>> "David Lanceta" <dlanceta at mafalda.cps.unizar.es> 02/10/04 07:52AM >>>
Hi everybody

I m trying to simulate a kind of Mall with eQUEST. I have 4 perimeter zones and a core. The HVAC system chosen is standard VAV reheat with baseboards in the perimeter zones (I m not very sure if it s suitable for the kind of building). I ve also set up an economizer.

My question is this: I don t understand why in the output file I have a fixed quantity of chilled water demand in winter, when it s sure that the outdoor temperature is good enough to satisfy the core refrigeration load.

Can anybody explain me this?

thanks
David Lanceta
Área de Mecánica de Fluidos
Centro Politécnico Superior
Universidad de Zaragoza
María de Luna 3, tel (0034)9761000 ext 5044
50015 ZARAGOZA
ESPAÑA

=====================================================You received this e-mail because you are subscribed