[BLDG-SIM] generic office and school buildings

Andrew S. LAU asl1 at psu.edu
Wed Feb 4 12:05:13 PST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm working on a study of the performance of heat-recovery wheels in
various U.S. climates.  We will be using both eQuest and a custom
spreadsheet using bin data.  Are any of you aware of generic plans for both
an office building and school building upon which to base the analyses?  I
recall that NBS (now NIST) once did this for residential but I can't put my
finger on any other "standards."

If any of you would like to share your experiences with heat wheels, I
invite you to reply to me with the answer to these questions.  Your
your anonymity:

1.  Approximately how many building projects have you worked on with heat
recovery wheels?
2.  How many of these had an option to bypass the heat wheel to allow for
an economizer with up to 100% outside air?
3.  Do you have any advice for applying heat wheels for best performance?

Thanks.

Andy Lau

Andrew S. Lau, P.E.
Penn State Engineering Design, Technology and Professional Programs
213-F Hammond Building
University Park, PA  16802
814-863-9075,   FAX 814-863-7229
andylau at psu.edu