[BLDG-SIM] Static Pressure Reset of Supply Air

mbusman at noresco.com mbusman at noresco.com
Tue Feb 3 11:33:46 PST 2004

Although our company works with VisualDOE, this question is applicable to
DOE-2.1 in general.

If I model a VAV system with supply air temperature reset based on warmest
zone or an outside air schedule, this will at times cause the originally
satisfied VAV boxes to open further and increase fan power.

Is it possible to model static pressure reset where the static setpoint is
reduced if all boxes are satisfied?  I'd be curious to see how the cost of
fan energy and heating/cooling energy varies between the two control
strategies.

Thanks.

Mike Busman, C.E.M.
Senior Project Engineer