[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST/thermostat setpoints

David Lanceta dlanceta at mafalda.cps.unizar.es
Tue Feb 3 05:21:01 PST 2004

Dear colleagues

First of all, thanks everybody for your support. I know that sometimes I ask basic questions but I´m new in this and apart from the manuals, nobody can help me but you.

My question is this:

I don´t really understand how the thermostat in eQUEST work. What I´ve understood from the help is that when you are going to be over the cooling setpoint or down the heating one the HVAC says you need cool/hot . But for example, I´m using 4 pipe fan-coils in a residential building and even if I set the cooling setpoint to 100ºF (It´s an example) The chilled water meter says to me that for some hours I need little cooling in the Winter months!!!!!!!!!!! How can it be possible? Why it´s not exactly zero?

Can anybody help me to understand how the thermostat works in order to understand my results? Are the indoor design temperatures (72-75ºF) or the throttiling range (2ºF)  maybe the responsible?

Thank you

David Lanceta
Área de Mecánica de Fluidos
Centro Politécnico Superior
Universidad de Zaragoza
María de Luna 3, tel (0034)9761000 ext 5044
50015 ZARAGOZA
ESPAÑA