[BLDG-SIM] infiltration heat loss in summer

Ian Doebber idoebber at vt.edu
Sat Jan 31 16:48:53 PST 2004

Analyzing my summer component loads for Atlanta GA, I discover that the net
sensible effect of infiltration is negative.  In other words, infiltration
sensibly overall cools my house during the summer.  The infiltration latent
effect is as it should be, adding heat into the house.  When I view
pre-existing data on summer infiltration effects on homes the reported
effect is that it heats the house.  I am wondering if data showing sensible
cooling effect of infiltration during the summer is legitamate and that the
published summer effects of infiltration adds the latent and sensible
infiltration effects together to get a rough estimate of the overall
infiltration effect during the summer.

Thanks
Ian