[BLDG-SIM] Day-Lighting and DOE2.1E

Larry Degelman larry at taz.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 22 08:43:03 PST 2004

Just a side note of interest (with no judgment inferred):

ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-1999 no longer allows lighting control
credits.  Compliance is based on connected lighting power alone.  With
the 1989 Standard, credits could be taken for automatic controls/sensors
and daylighting controls.  (Inference about the dependability of
lighting sensors/controls??? - I don't know.)

Furthermore, VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) is not considered in the
Prescriptive Envelope Option, but it is considered in the Envelope
Trade-off Option, a la Chapter 5 (Sect. 5.3.2.4 and 5.4).

Regards,
Larry O. Degelman, P.E.                  larry at taz.tamu.edu
Prof. Emeritus of Architecture    Ph./Fax: 1-979-696-2506
Texas A&M University