[BLDG-SIM] Pitched roofs and eQUEST.

Fearghal O'Connor fearghaloconnor at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 04:59:42 PDT 2004

   Hi,
      Im doing a energy efficiency simulation project
for college and I decided to use eQUEST due to its
ease of use. The building i've been assigned to
simulate is an old building (~1940) thats been
redesigned inside. It has a sort of a dormer floor on
the top (pitched roof with many windows jutting out
facing horizontally). Im looking for advice on how
best to simulate: top floor pitched roof (can't be
shown graphically but i assume it takes the pitch into
account in it calucations) or top floor flat?. Is
there any easy to use simulation that could work with
the type of roof I have  or is there something in
eQUEST i've missed?.
    Thanks alot,
          Fearghal O'Connor, UCD.