[BLDG-SIM] ASHRAE 90.1 ECB System 6

Sheila Sagerer sagerer at paonline.com
Mon Jul 12 08:41:33 PDT 2004

Galen-

We have done several LEED projects with ground-source heat pumps.  All of
our budget buildings were modeled using System 6 as you stated below.
System 6 was modeled as water-source heat pump units with a cooling tower
and a fossil-fuel boiler on the water loop.  Although I agree the cooling
tower is not exactly what I would consider "direct expansion", none of our
projects have been rejected by the LEED review process.

I hope this helps.

Sheila Sagerer
Energy Engineer
Energy Opportunities, Inc