[BLDG-SIM] e-quest things

Mike Roberts mroberts20 at kc.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 08:40:56 PST 2004

Fernando,

I am not sure about the problems you are having with drawing in the detailed
edit mode, but I would suggest that you use the wizard at least to outline
the floor and zones.  It is much easier.  Even several years ago, when I was
using Power DOE, I would start the project in eQUEST, just so I could
outline the building using the wizard.  Now, eQUEST 3 gives you much more
power to draw both the floor(s) and zones, even allowing import of an
AutoCAD drawing to trace.

To do the floor and zone, open eQUEST, new project via the wizard, choose
the Design Development Wizard, fill in (or not) whatever blanks you want in
the Project and Site Data, then choose Return to Navigator in the lower
right hand corner.  From the Project Navigator, click on Edit Selected
Shell.  Go to screen 2 and click on the drop down arrow for Footprint Shape
and select Custom, select Blank Slate, and OK.  This is also where you can
select an AutoCAD drawing if you have one.  Then outline your shape.  You
may want to go through the tutorial, but one important point is to create
your shapes in a counter clockwise direction.  You can do the same sort of
thing with zones from screen 2 of the wizard.  Be sure to complete the floor
first.  Any changes to the floor can mess with your already completed zones.

Try it, and if you still want to draw in detailed edit mode, let me know and
I will help you through it.  Or if you have any trouble with using eQUEST to
draw, I can probably there, also.

Good luck,

Mike