[BLDG-SIM] submetering

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Thu Mar 18 09:42:02 PST 2004

Hello,

I have an M+V question.

I am looking for a product line that would be suitable for submetering electric demand for a large manufacturing facility.  There are several buildings at the facility, each has its own main subpanel, but the only utility meters are on the primary side of the site's transformer.  The product I am looking for should be able to measure three-phase kW at each subpanel and either save data locally for future downloading or send it over a (wireless?) network to a computer for collection and analysis.  The wireless network would be an added bonus to avoid long wire runs, but another alternative might be to interface to the existing LAN or SCADA system.

Any suggestions?  Mfgr's website links?

Oh yeah, it should be proven, inexpensive, and flexible too!  ;-)

Thanks
Sincerely,

Alec Stevens, PE, LEED AP
DMI