[BLDG-SIM] Energy losses through outside doors

Ahmed Fraij fraij at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 02:08:10 PDT 2004

Dear All,

     I have a case in which an owner of a building needs to know which type of outside doors will be more energy efficient (i.e. which type is more effective to reduce the load of the Air Conditioning system).

    He asked me about three door types: Automatic sliding doors, rotating doors and hinged doors.

   So, can anyone provide me with a method to calculate the energy losses through each type? or is there any study that has been made for such case?

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Best Regards

Ahmad Fraij