[BLDG-SIM] Double Skin Buildings in Energy Plus

Samuel Hassid cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun May 2 03:06:03 PDT 2004

I am trying to simulate a Double Skin Building in Energy Plus and I have the fllowing dilema:

One can choose between Simple AIRFLOW and COMIS.

COMIS has the disadvantage that you have to simulate the whole building and will not accept non-communicating air paths - and besides cannot be used if you have a system simultaneously.

My best solution would have been if I could use with MIXING a MIXING RATE which depends on the temperature difference and can be stopped if the temperature difference is less than, say, two degrees. This is something that can be done with VENTILLATION but not with MIXING. Does any one know a way around this difficulty ?
                                                                                                             Thanks