[BLDG-SIM] Energy losses through outside doors

Jon Maxwell jmaxwell at aspensys.com
Fri May 21 05:37:53 PDT 2004

If you want to dust off your microfiche reader, two older articles, neither
of which is cited in the ASHRAE Fundamentals chapter, are:

"Air Infiltration Through Revolving Doors," Schutrrum, L. F., N. Ozisik, J.
T. Baker, C. M. Humphreys, No. 1760, ASHRAE Transactions Vol 67, 1961.

"Winter Infiltration Through Swinging-Door Entrances in Multi-Story
Buildings," T. C. Min, No. 1643, ASHAE Transactions, 1958.   (The professor
worked at Alabama Polytechnic Institute, since renamed).

The papers provide relationships to estimate losses as a function of number
of people per hour passing through the doors and as a function of building
height, among other things.

Jon Maxwell, PE
Aspen Systems
710 Park Place