[bldg-sim] Predictive control of passive cooling systems?

Leo Rainer lirainer at davisenergy.com
Wed May 12 09:29:03 PDT 2004

We have just completed the final report of a multi-year California Energy
Commission PIER funded project known as "Alternatives to Compressor
Cooling", the goal of which is to reduce or replace residential air
conditioning through the use of nighttime ventilation. The NightBreeze
system we developed under the project uses predictions of the next day's
weather to calculate a ventilation temperature goal and to set ventilation
fan speeds.

The final report and other information on the project can be found at:
http://www.energy.ca.gov/pier/reports/500-04-009.html
Information on the NightBreeze can be found at:
http://www.davisenergy.com/nb_page.htm

I would be very interested in the results of your survey. Please feel free
to contact me if you need further information.

Regards,

         Leo Rainer
         Davis Energy Group

Leo Rainer                          Email:   mailto:lirainer at davisenergy.com
Davis Energy Group                  Phone:                  530.753.1100 x27
123 C Street                        Fax:                        530.753.4125
Davis, CA  95616                    Web:          http://www.davisenergy.com