[bldg-sim] Moscow Weather

Joe Huang YJHuang at lbl.gov
Fri May 7 17:33:47 PDT 2004

The format of the IWEC weather files is identical to that of TMY2, with two
minor differences - (1) the year is in four digits instead of two, and (2)
there is an extra field for visibility (?). What I did was to use an awk
script or shell editor to modify IWEC to TMY2 format, and then packed the
file with the DOE-2 weather packer (doewth) as TMY2 files.  I then wrote a
batch file that processed all 200 some IWEC files at one shot. Very
painless.  Having said that, I'd add a warning that the *.bin files loses
some precision, because the original IWEC have temperatures in tenths of
degrees C, while the *.bin files store them in integer degrees F.

Joe Huang