[BLDG-SIM] Higher Education Energy management

Mark Case mcase at etcgrp.com
Thu Nov 11 15:20:34 PST 2004

We are involved in a statewide study of higher education energy use,
efficiency and energy management. One of the (rather minor) tasks is to
identify exemplary programs in other higher education systems and
facility groups that could be used for education of the facility
managers and/or policy and financial interests (re: Legislature, Board
of Regents, ...).  We know of a few but don't want to assume we know
them all, or even know all about the ones we know of.

Particular areas of interest are:
Energy Master Planning (campus wide interaction of energy with other
master plan activities)
Innovative procurement (supply side - not performance contracting)
Energy management (bill tracking, prioritizing, cost management,
budgeting, etc.)
Greyware management (training, outreach, student involvement,
behavioral, etc.)

If any of you know of, or are involved in something like this, I'd
appreciate a quick note. Thanks.

Mark E. Case, President

etc Group, Inc.

3481 South 2300 East

Salt Lake City, UT 84109

801-278-1927, 801-278-1942(F)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or
attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone at (801) 278-1927 and destroy the original transmission and
its attachments without reading them. Thank you.