[BLDG-SIM] Hohhot wind data

Olsen, Erik eolsen at owpp.com
Wed Sep 1 10:00:59 PDT 2004

I am looking for any possible information on prevailing winds in Hohhot,
China.  I've checked many, many of the usual sources and cannot find
anything - we don't even need typical year data, but even basic information
on prevailing winds for developing a design concept.

I did locate some weather station information from
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weatherdata/weather_requ
est.cfm, but the wind data seems unreliable, and no prevailing wind
direction is very apparent from that data.

Something as simple as a narrative describing prevailing wind conditions
would be great.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Erik

Erik Olsen
OWP/P Engineers
111 West Washington Street, Suite 2100