[BLDG-SIM] weather data for mumbai, bangalore

Joe Huang YJHuang at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 3 02:19:05 PDT 2004

ASHRAE's IWEC (International Weather for Energy Calculations) data set
contains typical year weather files for 8 locations in India, of which one
is Bombay or Mumbai. The IWEC weather files converted for EnergyPlus are
available on the  net at
www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weatherdata_int.cfm

In addition, the raw data from NCDC (International Surface Weather
Observations) from which the IWECs were made contains six more Indian
locations, one of which is Bangalore.  This raw data consists of mostly
3-hour observations from 1982 to 1997. Work would be need to create a
typical year weather file and estimate the solar radiation.  Since I am
involved in a building energy standards project for India, I may need to
create additional typical year weather files for  these additional
locations. Let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you posted about
my progress on doing this.

Joe Huang