[BLDG-SIM] Job Opportunity

Wade McLaughlin wmclaughlin at dmiinc.com
Wed Apr 6 13:42:38 PDT 2005

(Note: This is not a re-post of a recently posted opportunity.  This is
a new opportunity.)

Demand Management Institute (DMI) is seeking to expand its engineering
staff currently working to improve efficiency and reduce energy
consumption in facilities throughout New England.

Established in 1989, DMI is an independently-owned engineering-based
consulting firm providing assistance in the improvement of energy
efficiency for commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. With
our attention to detail and quality, we have established ourselves as
one of the most respected energy engineering firms in New England.

Our primary work efforts include energy efficiency analysis in support
of utility rebate programs, design direction assistance for architects
and mechanical designers, commissioning activities for developers and
building owners, and program evaluation services for the utilities.

We are currently seeking a candidate having strong familiarity with HVAC
systems design and/or experience with the analysis of energy systems. We
are specifically seeking someone with computer simulation experience
using eQuest/DOE-2, Visual DOE, PowerDOE, TRACE, or comparable energy
simulation software.

The ideal candidate will have a BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, 2-5
years of experience, and the following qualifications:
-Strong analytical abilities
-Mechanical aptitude
-Strong technical writing and oral communications skills with emphasis
on report writing and documentation of results
-Experience with industrial processes and/or HVAC/R design and
construction
-Experience with building energy modeling
-Field metering/monitoring of energy systems
-On-site field experience including checkout and/or commissioning
-Cost estimation
-Familiarity with utility rebate programs

Please forward resume via email to employment at dmiinc.com.