[BLDG-SIM] heat recovery in eQuest

Renee J. Azerbegi renee at ambient-e.com
Wed Apr 13 15:59:50 PDT 2005

Yes, this does cause condensation which shows up as a "warning" in eQuest.
Brian Fountain found the bug though. See below for those eQuest users who
think the default values should be normal design practice. Now there is a
reduction in cooling and in heating with the control by MAT which saves a
significant amount of energy, and in talking to the mechanical design
engineer for this project, this is actually how it will be controlled, and
is typical design practice.

Check your heat recovery control -- I believe default is to float the
temperature which means you are recovering year round and adding to the
cooling load.  If you change this to follow mixed air temperature you should
have a better sim.

Hope this helps.

Brian Fountain
bfountain at greensim.com

GreenSim
(905)639-6014 - voice  |  (905)639-0443 - fax