[BLDG-SIM] energy savings due to use of simulation tool

Elmer Morrissey e.morrissey at mars.ucc.ie
Thu Apr 7 13:28:59 PDT 2005

Dear Rohini,

I am currently writing two papers, one for the IBPSA conference in Montreal
in August of this year. The other is a progression of the work presented in
the aforementioned paper and I hope to publish it in "Energy in Buildings"
in the coming months. Both papers outline a method of utilising EnergyPlus
(or any simulation tool for that matter) for effective design through each
phase of the building life cycle.

 A published paper that may be of interest to you is:

Mourshed, MM, Kelliher, D, Keane, M (2003)
<http://www.ibpsa.org/IBPSANews-13-1r.pdf> Integrating simulation in design.
IBPSA News. Vol 13 No. 1. pp. 21-16.

I'm not sure if that paper addresses actual % savings. If you find further
papers that do capture percentages, I would be very interested.

Kind regards

-Elmer

  _____