[BLDG-SIM] corrected version of Window-5 available for testing

Joe Huang yjhuang at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 17 12:51:54 PDT 2005

As some of you might recall, earlier this year we (the Windows and Daylighting Group and the Simulation Research Group at LBNL) learned of a bug in Window 5 in which the interior air film resistance was being omitted from the DOE-2 file generated by Window 5.  We have now corrected this bug, and hope that BLDG-SIM readers can download the corrected program and verify that the fix is correct.

http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/52/window5217aUpdate.htm

This URL is not available to the general public yet. If you encounter any problems with this new version, please inform Robin Mitchell at RDMitchell at lbl.gov  immediately.  Barring any problems brought to our attention the coming week, we will then make a public announcement to the general Window 5 user community.

Joe Huang
Simulation Research Group
LBNL
.