[bldg-sim] ice-storage system

nicole chen cloris.chen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 01:50:19 PST 2005

Hi folks,

  I am simulating a partial ice-storage system using Equest. One of the
chillers in the plant has to operate under low temperature to make ice
during off-peak hours, while during on-peak hours it runs under high
temperature to supply chilled water to coils. To my knowledge it shoulf
be a dual-condition chiller, screw or centrifugal type.

  I am wondering how I can model this dual-condition chiller in Equest.
Can one performance curve represent the chiller's performance of making
both ice and chilled water?  If my understanding is correct, each
chiller in Equest can only be assigned with one performance curve.

  I highly appreciate if any expert provide some successful examples of
both ice-storage simulation and that dual-condition chiller curve.

  Best,

--
Yours
Nicole Chen