[BLDG-SIM] PV, Double-Wall, Energy Programs

Leon Glicksman glicks at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 28 13:24:25 PST 2005

The web based program Designadvisor.mit.edu included a simulation of double
walled facades but does not include natural ventilation cavities
Leon Glicksman

At 12:42 PM 2/28/2005 -0600, Bill Talbert wrote:
>Has anyone modelled energy savings due to double wall construction? If
>so, what software did you use? DOE2 has a sunspace module that could be
>modified to mimic a double wall cavity, but this is not meant for
>multistory applications. I am looking at a multistory office building
>with a naturally vented double-wall cavity.
>Thanks,
>Bill Talbert

Leon R. Glicksman
Professor of Building Technology and Mechanical Engineering
Room 5-418
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge MA 02139
617 253 2233    glicks at mit.edu