[bldg-sim] Weather File

Fred Porter fporter at archenergy.com
Fri Feb 4 14:16:37 PST 2005

A few years ago, I attempted to use Meteonorm to create/adjust weather
files for a high desert location in Arizona. That generation of
Meteonorm always created files with much smaller diurnal temperature
swings than the reference desert city. The humidities may not have been
in an appropriate range either. We could not find any way to drive
Meteonorm to produce reasonable outputs, and did not get any suggestions
back from the developers. Perhaps Meteonorm is too Euro-centric to deal
with our desert, or perhaps this problem was fixed in the version used
to create the E+ files.