[bldg-sim] Occupancy Sensors

G GAO YGAO at cxgbs.com
Fri Jan 21 14:23:53 PST 2005

CTG Energetics recently prepared an example LEED-NC v2.1 EAc1 submittal
for the USGBC in November 2004. In this documentation the example
project adopted a 20% LPD credit for occupant sensor controls in private
offices, which is based on a CIR submitted 12/2/2003 and ruled upon
2/4/2004 (There are studies supporting a wide range of savings (20% to
43%) in private office.  Savings in open office environment would be
significantly less.)

So, it seems that 20% LPD adjustment for private office is acceptable by
USGBC.  Hope this helps.

Grace