[bldg-sim] Comparison between TRACE and eQUEST

Drury.Crawley at ee.doe.gov Drury.Crawley at ee.doe.gov
Tue Jan 18 09:43:40 PST 2005

Rather than have everyone email that they
are interested, I will send out an email when
the paper is ready.

----- Forwarded by Drury Crawley/EE/DOE on 01/18/2005 12:42 PM -----

                      Drury Crawley
                                               To:      bldg-sim at gard.com
                      01/18/2005 10:02         cc:
                      AM                       Subject: Re: [bldg-sim] Comparison between TRACE and eQUEST
                                               (Document link: Drury Crawley)

We are in the middle of putting together a comparison paper
among 9 simulation programs--based on information provided
by the developers.  The tools include (in alphabetical order):
BLAST, DOE-2.1E, Energy-10,  EnergyPlus, eQUEST, ESP-r,
HAP, TRACE and TRNSYS.  The key parts of the paper will
be abstracted for a paper for the Building Simulation conference
in Montreal in August.

We have received and compiled first level of information on all the
tools except HAP (which we expect any day).  The comparison
focuses on the technical capabilities of the tools.  A separate section
focuses on user interfaces and other unique features.

Once the comparison paper (currently 24 pages long) has been reviewed
again by the developers and by outside reviewers, we can make it
available to interested users.

                      "Sylvester Kat"
                      <sylvesterkat at hotma      To: bldg-sim at gard.com
                      il.com>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [bldg-sim] Comparison between TRACE and eQUEST
                      postman at gard.com

                      01/17/2005 12:01 PM       |--------------------------|
                      Please respond to         | ( ) Federal Record       |
                      sylvesterkat              | (*) Not a Federal Record |
                                                |--------------------------|

                                     User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

       | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE recipient, click the|
       |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this e-mail           |

Does anyone have experience with TRACE, eQUEST and Carrier HAP?  Which one
is more flexiable and easy to use?
Thank you very much.

Kitty Knauz
Ameresco