[BLDG-SIM] Heat recovery not functioning in EE4

Calla, Robert RCalla at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 5 08:48:43 PDT 2005

Alex,

Further to Stephen's response, the usual cause of the error is that no
return fan is specified - EE4 and hence DOE-2 assumes that heat recovery is
on the return air for non-distributed systems. For distributed systems, heat
recovery is taken into account by adjusting the amount of outdoor air.

Robert Calla, B.Eng, PMP

Project Leader  /  EE4 Project Manager
Sustainable Buildings & Communities
CANMET Energy Technology Centre - Ottawa
Natural Resources Canada
580 Booth Street, 13th Floor, Ottawa, ON  K1A 0E4
Tel: 613-947-6601  Fax: 613-996-9909
email: rcalla at nrcan.gc.ca <mailto:rcalla at nrcan.gc.ca>
website: www.sbc-bcd.nrcan.gc.ca <http://www.sbc-bcd.nrcan.gc.ca/>
Government of Canada

Chef de projets / Gestionnaire logiciel EE4
Groupe des bâtiments et des collectivités durables
Centre de la technologie de l'énergie de CANMET - Ottawa
Ressources naturelles Canada
580 rue Booth, 13e étage, Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0E4
Tel: 613-947-6601  Fax: 613-996-9909
courriel: rcalla at nrcan.gc.ca <mailto:rcalla at nrcan.gc.ca>
site web: www.sbc-bcd.nrcan.gc.ca <http://www.sbc-bcd.nrcan.gc.ca/>
Gouvernement du Canada