[bldg-sim] DOE2.2-How to link two different systems to the same thermal zone?

hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Mon Mar 28 16:40:30 PST 2005

The latest version of DOE-2.2 (and I assume EQuest) allows the FC and SZRH systems to have "intermittent" indoor fan operation (ie. fans do not run when the zone is in deadband).  Check out the DOE22Vol6-NewFeatures40-44.PDF document in the DOE-2.2 downloads area of DOE2.COM.

I haven't tried this new capability, but it would appear to allow exactly what you would like when combined with the OA-FROM-SYSTEM - outdoor air system on a common schedule with zone FCUs independently scheduled.  You may need to play with the outdoor air system type as different systems respond differently to the no load dummy zone.

Regards,
Graham