[BLDG-SIM] Jeff Johnson - Sad News

Tom Conlon tconlon at geopraxis.com
Thu May 19 11:15:40 PDT 2005

Dear Pat and Colleagues,
All of us at GeoPraxis are shocked and profoundly saddened to hear of Jeff's
tragic accident and to realize that our entire community must now suffer the
untimely loss of one of our most accomplished and inspirational leaders. I
personally will never forget a speech Jeff gave circa 1996 (Vancouver?) that
rose well above the usual technical minutiae of our meeting to challenge all
of us to take the chances and really live up to the task of becoming the
heroes the planet so desperately needs us to be. Coming from almost anyone
else this could easily have come across sounding preachy and self-important,
but with Jeff's characteristic cool logic and charismatic surferdude charm
it was simply a matter of fact... and the room thanked him for being so bold
as to stand up and say it. Needless to say, his words and the example he set
remain an inspiration to us all to this day.

We will all sorely miss him... and maybe if we're righteous and lucky
enough, we too will get to go in the woods doing something we love.

Surf's up Jeff, peace be with you