[BLDG-SIM] passive solar, round 2: Energy-10

Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV
Tue May 17 09:53:28 PDT 2005

Energy-10 V 1.7 is complete and should be available soon from SBIC.
Energy-10 V 1.8 (including SHW and PV) is in beta testing.

(no plans for a V 2.0)

                      "JRR"
                      <energy.wwind at cox.n      To: BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM
                      et>                      cc: BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [BLDG-SIM] passive solar, round 2: Energy-10
                      postman at gard.com

                      05/17/2005 12:22 PM
                      Please respond to
                      energy.wwind

E-10 V1.6 does not model night insulation for windows or Trombe wall
derived elements.
This feature has been promised for  E-10 V2.0 which is due out soon.....
Take 24 hr average insulation value for windows on a 12 hr / 12 hr basis
for annual runs,
then go back and run Dec-Jan only with 9 hrs daylight 15 hrs night for
avg. window insulation.

Three loops of PEX tubing set in the slab, in the middle of the rock
storage, and at the bottom of the rock storage
will beat active air recirculation.
JRR.