[BLDG-SIM] Spam Alert: Carbon Monoxide Sensors and Parking Garages

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Mon May 9 14:21:39 PDT 2005

The problem is in defining what is average diversity.  Two identical carparks in operation, one with a supply / exhaust system that is deemed to comply versus a second that has been engineered to meet the performance requirements of building codes, may have quite different fan diversity and thus energy use while effectively providing the same service ...  Also if it is a carpark for an office building versus retail versus entertainment precinct the movement of cars will be very different over the day / week.  Recently I obtained some BMCS status on High Speed/Low Speed/Off status for some underground carpark exhaust fans for an office / retail precinct.  If my memory serves me correctly I found the fans operated for 800 Full Load Equivalent hours / year.  While some of the run hours were at high speed, most were at low speed where fan energy is 15% or so of High Speed.
Regards,
Graham