[BLDG-SIM] eQuest question

Jeff Haberl jeffhaberl at tees.tamus.edu
Wed May 4 07:12:29 PDT 2005

FYI

I would be very careful about underground calcs in DOE-2. I'm not sure about DOE 2.2, but DOE-2 users need to follow the latest advice from LBNL regarding effective U-values.

Also, there is the issue of ground temps. DOE-2 uses the temps from the weather tape, and if this is Tmy-2,  Then these are synthetic temps from Kusuda's work in the 1960-70s, which may or may not be accurate. DOE-2 also does not calc infiltration below grade, so this needs adjusting. Finally, you must have CWFs turned to get an accurate answer.

Jeff

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.............................jhaberl at esl.tamu.edu

Department of Architecture.......................Lab Ph: 979-845-6065

Energy Systems Laboratory.......................FAX: 979-862-2457

Texas A&M University..............................77843-3581

College Station, Texas, USA.......................URL: www-esl.tamu.edu

BB 8=/  8=)  :=)  8=)  ;=)  8=)  8=()  8=) 8=?  8=)  8=)  8= BB