[BLDG-SIM] Help with .SIM file

Grant Unsworth gunsworth at mcw.com
Wed Nov 30 13:24:40 PST 2005

Hi folks,

I am currently modeling energy-saving mechanical retrofits for buildings
using eQuest. The retrofits are modeled using parametric runs.

In the end, I want to have sitting in front of me a table with all of
the savings broken up by AHU.

i.e.             steam savings     elec savings     gas savings     etc...
     AHU-1      ....                      ....                   ....
     AHU-2      ....                      ....

eQuest only displays savings by type of enduse.

Does anyone have any recommendations or strategies for obtaining this
data? I should add that I have 80+ buildings to do, so I am looking for
a method that is most efficient. One possibility is to do each of the
AHU retrofits as a separate parametric run. However, this will lead to
an overlap in savings. Since I have so many files to do, I am also
considering writing a small C++ program.

thanks in advance,

 - Grant