[bldg-sim] a boatload of CURINV warnings in eQUEST

Thomas White twhite at glumac.com
Thu Nov 10 15:19:14 PST 2005

Greetings, fellow modelers:

In running an old eQUEST model, one that I did not develop so I'm not too
familiar with the strategies used to develop the inputs. I'm getting a
boatload of WARNING messages for curve fits along the following lines:

CURINV: Result out of limits for CURVE:

92.768181********** 0.500614 0.005883 0.000216 -0.019132 0.000224 0.001061

X, Y, and Z: 23.077501 24.000000 4.939843 MMDDHH: 1 4 1

Can you guys advise me about what these messages mean and how to interpret
them: what is the curve number (92.76181), what are the next six values on
the first line, and what is that X, Y, Z all  about in the last line? [I'm
betting that last set, MMDDHH: 1 4 1, is the date/time: January 4, at 1 AM
in the morning.]

My model has quite a few curve fit assignments under the PERFORMANCE CURVE
folder of the Water-Side HVAC frame (33 to be exact). Also, these curves run
the gamut of linear, quadratic, bi-quadratic, and cubic.

For all but two of the curves the MINIMUM OUTPUT and MAXIMUM OUTPUT values
are -1,000,000 and 1,000,000 respectively. There are two exceptions: the
range for the Variable Speed Drive is 0.10 to 1.00, the range for the
HW-Coil-Cap-fdT curve is 0.01 to 1,000,000.

Help?!

...Tom

Thomas J. White, P.E.
Lead Engineer, Energy Services