[bldg-sim] Retail Store Infiltration

shruti narayan shruti_narayan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:43:17 PST 2005

Vaibhav

The percentage of infiltration through a retail door could be determined by
using ASHRAE fundamentals, chapter 26 (refer to page 26.25, 2001
fundamentals). You can use the equations and the referenced graphs to
calculate the flow.

The infiltration would depend on
1. the door area
2. the fraction of time it is open
3. and also an estimate of the number of people who would be using the
door/hour (an approximation based on the retail space area being modeled
etc). This factor would be the variant over the day and would determine your
schedule.

(A vestibule might reduce the infiltration).

Hope this helps.
Shruti

shruti narayan