[bldg-sim] equest for modelling radiant slabs

Amarpreet Sethi amarpreet.sethi at keeneng.com
Fri Oct 7 11:25:04 PDT 2005

Has anyone ever used eQUEST to model a radiant cooling and heating system.  I know this would definately not be the right tool to use for sizing and for a detailed analysis for a radiant system, however would it be completely inaccurate for an Annual energy analysis.  I am considering using a fan coil or VAV system for this purpose.  For heating i could use the baseboard and also assume that the setpoint for this purpose could be setback by 2degF so as to take advantage for the radiant effect.   if using VAV the ratio would be set at 100%.
I would appreciate it if anyone who has tried to do this can share their experience with me.

Thankyou
Amarpreet