[bldg-sim] tools/software for extracting specific data/info f rom DOE-2.2 output file

Gopi Kumar Bulusu bulusu at sankhya.com
Mon Oct 10 23:54:47 PDT 2005

Hello All,

> I've used awk for years to extract data from DOE-2 files, and have a whole
> library of awk scripts for different reports. The following  sample awk
> script gets the numbers from BEPS, but all my awk scripts are similar.

Yes, awk is an excellent tool for pattern matching and extraction.

For complex translation/transformation (example generating HTML from text
formats etc), one may want to consider specialized tools developed for
this purpose. Here is such a tool from Sankhya Technologies:

	http://www.sankhya.com/info/products/data/stf.html

For more information you can directly e-mail sales at sankhya.com or
support at sankhya.com.

Best Regards,