[bldg-sim] politics or science?

john.d vnu john.daglish at vnumail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:38:24 PDT 2005

Hello Stephen,

There are some figures in the final report of the European Cephus
project (passive house), see p 90 4.6 Financial
viability. They range from an extra investment over current national
standards of 2% to 17%. These are for high energy efficient buildings
<15kW/m2.an heating requirement provided by internal gains, heat recovery
ventilation, high levels of insulation and high performance triple
glazing (maximises heat gain & minimisaes heat loss).
No additional heating systems are required.

http://www.passivehouse.com/07_eng/news/CEPHEUS_final_long.pdf

Best regards

John DAGLISH
France