[bldg-sim] Scheduling multiple generators

Bryce Munger bmunger at bhengineers.com
Thu Sep 29 11:45:01 PDT 2005

I am trying to simulate the use of multiple bio-diesel generators that
operate at different times of the day to provide electricity and use Heat
Recovery to heat domestic hot water.  Following Example 2 on page 340 of the
DOE22Vol3-Topics manual I created a flag schedule (with 0's and either or
1's to track the load or 5's to run at max) and then used that schedule with
a Utility Electric Meter to operate the generators.  This works fine when
there is only 1 generator.  When I try to do it with 4 generators with
different operating schedules it doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone have any
tips on who to do this?

Thanks,

Bryce Munger
Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers
Mechanical - Electrical - Civil - Energy - Lighting - Surveying -
Commissioning - Sustainability
100 West 13th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon 97401  (541) 686-8478  fax (541)
345-5303