[bldg-sim] eQUEST question - error with construction tab

Paul Erickson perickson at aeieng.com
Tue Sep 20 12:29:09 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm a DOE-2 (mainly VisualDOE) user just getting acquainted with eQUEST.

Has anyone else ever experienced a problem with the construction tab?  I somehow inadvertently created a "new" construction that titles itself "Construction", though when looking at the construction detail window/screen, the "name" is actually blank.  This creates a problem when I try to run eQUEST simulations...I get an error.

- When opening the file, it says that there is one BDL error.  I see the error tree screen and it refers to a construction titled "Construction".  I double click on it, the construction tab comes up, I click "done" and then it tells me there are no more errors.  However, when I run the simulation, the output file is empty and I do not get the output reports accessible through eQUEST.

The inp and BDL files support the fact that there is a construction error due to the lack of a name...only the command "CONSTRUCTION" is on the line where it should be  "name" = CONSTRUCTION.

On the construction tab:

- I am not able to write a new name in for the construction.
- I cannot change the specification method.
- I can change the Construction Layers selection.
- I cannot delete the construction.  When I try I get a window that says that there are no components that exist, but I get "error encountered searching for keyword assignments."

Does anyone have a suggestion how to deal with this without going into the inp file?  Or is there a way to manipulate the inp file and then read it back into eQUEST?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Paul