[bldg-sim] Generator Control

Jeff Hirsch Jeff.Hirsch at DOE2.com
Fri Sep 16 05:52:10 PDT 2005

That "flag" value corresponds to "MAX-OUTPUT" codeword for
COGEN-TRACK-MODE; see description starting on page
258 (PDF 265) of the Vol2-Dictionary (ELEC-METER command).

---
Jeff Hirsch
James J. Hirsch & Associates
Building Performance Analysis Software & Consulting
12185 Presilla Road
Camarillo, CA 93012-9243 USA
phone: (805) 553-9000
fax: (805) 532-2401
email: Jeff.Hirsch at DOE2.com
web: http://DOE2.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bryce Munger
  To: bldg-sim at gard.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:12 AM
  Subject: [bldg-sim] Generator Control

  I am setting up an eQuest sim with a bio-diesel generator used onsite to reduce the load.  I have an operation schedule defined by the electrical engineer that is not 24/7.  On page 342 of the DOE22Vol3-Topics manual there is an example of a 12-hour surplus sale operation sequence that looks like this:

  Gen-DS = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
  TYPE = FLAG
  VALUES = (0,0,0,0,0,5,5,5, $ 0=don't run
                    5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5, $ 5=maximum output
                    5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) ..

  I couldn't find any reference to the values used in the flag schedule.  Does "5" correspond to running at full capacity as defined in the ELECTRIC-GENERATOR command?  Would values from 0-5 then be part capacity operation?

  Thanks,

  Bryce Munger
  Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers
  Mechanical - Electrical - Civil - Energy - Lighting - Surveying - Commissioning - Sustainability
  100 West 13th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon 97401  (541) 686-8478  fax (541) 345-5303