[BLDG-SIM] Position Announcement - Energy Modeler/Analyst

Lee DeBaillie LDeBaillie at ecw.org
Sat Apr 22 05:10:32 PDT 2006

The Energy Center of Wisconsin in Madison seeks entry level, or near-entry level, candidates for a building energy modeling and energy analyst position.  Full position description is below.  Please feel free to forward to any interested persons you may know.

Thank you,
Lee DeBaillie
Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
ldebaillie at ecw.org

Project Manager * Energy Analyst
Help us make a difference.

The Energy Center of Wisconsin is seeking an entry-level individual with demonstrated enthusiasm for sustainable design, and motivation to improve the energy efficiency of our society. If you are stimulated by challenges, enjoy a flexible team environment, love variety in subject matter and tasks, and want to help the general public, we would like you to join us.

The individual will be responsible for the evaluation of energy saving strategies in buildings, including quantifying energy system performance and economics.  Experience with energy analysis or whole building energy modeling software such as DOE2, EnergyPlus, TRYNSYS, TRACE, HAP, or other similar environments is highly desirable.  Experience with building systems, sustainable design, and interpreting building plans and specifications is also a plus.  We will train the right individual as necessary.

The candidate should possess the ability to work in a team environment, including communications skills such as report writing and public presentations.  The ability to summarize and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience is highly valued.  The candidate should also possess fundamental project management skills such as project planning, budgeting, and the ability to achieve project goals and deadlines.

Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as engineering or architecture, and a fundamental knowledge of building systems and thermal science.  Ideal candidates will posses an advanced degree in a technical discipline, experience in energy systems modeling, advanced knowledge of building science, and a desire to develop solid technical skills in the emerging field of sustainable design.

We offer a competitive salary, progressive work environment and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should send or email a resume, cover letter and any salary expectations (no phone calls please) by Monday, May 15, 2006 to:

Human Resources Director
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53711
cthacker at ecw.org

Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer